2008-04-28

The Bells, The Bells...

I reckon it's now official: I am a morris man! Saturday saw my first real dance out, first at a local museum and afterwards at a pub in one of the nearby villages.

Somewhere on this page you should see photographic proof of this, as you see part of the set that was dancing the Ring o' Bells from Litchfield. I'm the one on the right with the serious face as I realise that with not one but two sticks, a cock-up here could be quite spectacular. Next to me you see the face of the guy who faced me in the sticking routines and has his eyes shut as he tries to shut out the terror of trying to avoid having his knuckles smashed by the novice opposite him.

You'll be pleased to know that we both survived and later on I actually started to relax and enjoy myself a bit.

No comments: