2006-12-11

Them Pesky Cats

This weekend I did something that I have hardly managed to do over the last few weeks: get into the garden during daylight. A few days ago I posted about burglars who apparently used a wheel barrow in their nefarious exploits, and Phillip made the comment that perhaps I should worry more about my wheel barrow than my fish. Well, I looked by the shed where the wheel barrow usually sits and it is there no more (and it isn't elsewhere in the garden either). Putting two and two together, it looks entirely likely that our rusty old barrow, with holes in the bottom, was used as a getaway vehicle. D'oh! Did Phillip have insider knowledge?

We'll let the police know, but frankly we could hardly care less about the barrow: I was wanting to get a new one anyway and then this one would need disposal. I think that the main issue is just how open and visible from the road our garden is. As our hedge grows over the next few years, this should improve significantly. It just takes time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had our garden shed broken into a while back and - surprise, surprise - nothing was taken. There was nothing of value inside so it was a mistake putting a lock on the hasp! I now have it closed with a twist of wire.
Looking forward to hearing from you VERY soon.
Papa.