2006-01-30

Blue Jam

Well, I now have the first book and DVD from David Barrett's Harmonica Masterclass series and, after a week of blowing, sucking and making $DEITYawful noises, I have just about got the hang of "12 Bar Jam #1", which is a simple 12 bar blues progression played on a C-harp. There are 30 of these jams in the book/CD, so it may take me a little while to get through them all.

<3 is going away for a few days at the weekend. She says it is to give some support to her family while her father goes in for surgery (many good wishes are going his way for that), but I have the sneaking suspicion that this is a convenient excuse to get away from the incessantly squeaking harmonica. (No, I didn't mean that! Well, I did mean the bit about the squeaking, but not the bit about the motivation to travel.)

No comments: