2007-10-10

A Glimmer of Light Ahead

So, seven years since I signed up and I have now reached the final hurdle. Yep, tomorrow is my final exam for my OU degree.

The course this year has been a struggle (officially this was meant to take about 16 hours per week and I have also been doing a full-time job and trying to do my bit with raising a new baby) and revision has been intermittant, but thanks to <3 covering for me over the last few days I think I'm just about ready. This exam allows me to take some reference material with me and to annotate it as I see fit. A lot of my time has been spent working on indexing key sections and adding extra diagrams into margins and spare pages. I'm confident of a pass, but beyond that I don't know.

The result is due in before Xmas, and I should get my offer of a degree shortly after that. It's going to feel like a very long wait...

1 comment:

Claire Fayers said...

Congratulations! Phillip's exam is on Friday, and just doing on module has nearly killed him. For seven years you don't just deserve a degree, you deserve a medal.