2007-02-13

Whalesong and Bananas

As of the end of last week we have a new Sainsbury's superstore near us and on the opening day staff were handing out maps to help customers find what they were looking for among the many aisles. All well and good until you see how some of the aisles are marked on the map. Sure, plenty of people will be looking for "frozen wellbeing" (who wouldn't?), but I can't remember the last time I went into a shop looking for "ambient fruit".

Actually, I'm sure I have shopped for ambient fruit: the aisle marked as such contained tinned, bottled, snack-packed and otherwise ready-to-eat, non-fresh fruit, so I can only assume that this is grocer-speak for fruit stored at ambient temperatures, or something like that, but honestly, what rubbish!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Think I went to the same shop ("store") and picked up one of the leaflets with store layout. Having just looked up on the internet to see what ambient fruit was, I also wondered what frozen wellbeing was, which is how I found your comments... (somewhere in Oxfordshire...)