2007-01-17

Resolute

Last year I made two new year resolutions: to eat some tripe and to smoke my own food. I achieved neither of these, so I guess they continue to be high on my list of Stuff To Do (TM). However, I did learn to play a musical instrument (badly so far, but you have to start somewhere), something which I have been wanting to do since forever (and, thanks to a great Xmas prezzie I am learning a bit of ukulele too!), and we got ourselves a lovely baby daughter (which had been on the shopping list for a while), so I can hardly count last year as a failure. It was a good year, all things considered.

So what about 2007? Well, no real resolutions but top of the list of stuff to do is learn how to be a father; I suspect this will take most of my time and energy. This will also, hopefully, be my last year with the OU before I get my degree (assuming I didn't mess up last year's project too badly — the results aren't in yet); the OU being as addictive as it is, I am already considering studying music later! On the subject of music, I want to keep practicing with the harmonica, learning tunes and going to sessions; if I can get some competence on the uke too that would be great.

I suppose I should probably give something up, but right now I'm not worried about that. With the demands of parenthood, anything that can help keep me sane has to be a bonus.

No comments: