2006-07-10

Things that are making me smile

  • <3 is back from a 3 week trip to America and now little Asbo is starting to be visible in the shape of a definite bump.
  • Last night's "diddly-diddly" session at the pub was cancelled due to the World Cup final getting in the way. This in itself was not a good thing (I'd far rather do music than watch football), but we had a great chat with a couple of the regulars and I now have a list of (and sheet music for) a load of tunes that the group likes to play, so I can start learning them.
  • <3 brought me back a nice new harmonica and an excellent case to carry my harps around in.
  • It's raining. This makes me smile because I don't have to water the garden and the weather is cooler, which makes me happier.
  • We saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest yesterday. While it isn't a patch on the first film, and rather annoyingly leaves an awful lot of stuff unresolved, ready for the next film (due out in the spring), it was still heap big fun and I'm looking forward to the next one. (Hint: if you haven't seen it, don't forget to wait for the end of the credits.)
  • Life is basically good.

No comments: