2006-04-28

Mini Meet

I neglected to post a report on the main event of last weekend: MiniMeet, a get-together kindly hosted by E&I in their old farmhouse in the valleys a few miles fromPontypool. The idea was for a bunch of their friends to stay for the weekend, eat, drink, talk and play games, with a break in the middle to cram about 15 people into a small room in order to watch Doctor Who.

The weekend was great, giving me a chance to play one of my all-time favourite boardgames, El Grande, finally have a go at the excellent Carcasonne and its 2-player variant, The Castle, played lots of Are You A Werewolf? (I actually managed to win as a werewolf and survive as a seer one evening) and even did some roleplaying thanks to James and his hysterical "Broken Crane" Feng Shui scenario and <3's Nearside Project game (though the Nearside web page doesn't seem to be working right in my browser).

Anyway, that was a fun weekend and E&I deserve big thanks for organising and hosting it. Hopefully it won't be a one-off.

No comments: