2005-11-09

Runcible

At the weekend we had a visit from my two sisters and the two offspring of one of them -- always great to see them, especially as the nephew is now well into that comical and entertaining stage of toddlerhood. Very cute.

Sis1 brought with her a tray of quinces as part of a deal whereby she gives me the fruit and some time next year I give her a couple of bottles of quince wine.

So on Sunday I spent a while grating and boiling quince, then last night the part-fermented juice got transferred to a demijohn and put in the cupboard. This morning I remembered that it is generally a good idea to make sure that a demijohn is not completely full for the first few days, and found a fair bit of froth around the place. D'oh! Ah, no damage done and not much liquor lost.

No comments: