2005-05-24

Rhubarb Rhubarb!

I got into a little bit of trouble the other day when <3 arrived home with a big bag full of rhubarb, kindly provided by some friends who are having a bit of a glut at the moment. Based on the conveniently appropriate quantity of said vegetable and the news that "there's more where that came from" I used it up as the basis for a batch of wine.

Of course, <3 had in mind a rhubarb crumble with custard, so I got a bit of a stern look when she returned home.

Luckily, a couple of days later, my sister and her family came visiting, bearing their own rhubarb, so the crumble was a possibility once more -- and very nice it was too. Now I'm looking forward to the wine, though that'll take a few months before it is ready. Our own rhubarb crop is starting to look reasonably healthy too, though we don't want to crop it too heavily this year as it is still a very young plant.

No comments: